GEAR | Rite in the Rain


I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for things like space pens. Sure, I probably won't have to write something down in an anti-gravity environment, but If I find myself needing to take notes while floating at zero-g, I want go be prepared. With that in mind, I recently purchased an All-Weather Reporter's Notebook No. 148 ($5) from the storied company Rite in the Rain. Does it make sense given I am surrounded by screens in drought-ridden L.A.? No. Do I love it? Yes. But what's more is it really works, and I actually got to experience that while taking notes for a story while fishing the Snake River in Wyoming last week. The notepad got wet, and the water wicked. It was sweet.  

I'm in Portland, OR for the weekend and although I don't have much free time, I'd love any recs you guys have for PDX!

Keep up with Tomboy Style elsewhere: INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER.